Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Curing the Winter Blahs....

THE WINTER BLAHS are definitely here!  So I have to look for the positives in the house and yard for joy and warmth!  Today I am sharing my master bath, or at least some of it.  My hubby made the cute little shelf for me from scrap wood and the magazine rack on the wall.  The print is one I bought after we built our home we lived in before this one and is called "Sweethearts Forever", which I find very appropriate for us-ha!  I picked this soft green color for the walls and painted the little wooden chair that we found at a garage sale and it is just right for putting on your shoes or slippers.  I bought the colorful floor vase at The Pottery Barn.  The fish print was $1 and I already had the frame.  The decorative fish on the wall are just novelty items from The Lazy Gator in Murrells Inlet, SC.  I do love my bathroom.  It is large, roomy, has double sinks and Oval medicine cabinets from Lowe's.  We have replaced the sinks from molded to porceline and added Wainscotting to the bottom half of the wall.  We tiled the floor but do not like that so we will replace it at some point.  It is very porous and does not clean well.  An added touch was the ceramic light switch cover from Lowe's.  None of this was done recently but in the springtime of 2009.  I hope you enjoyed my little tour.  Come again soon and also check out my http://kerrieskorner.blogspot.com/  for pictures of the outside cheer for today!!









The baked clay fish is an original piece we bought at Hilton Head Island years ago.











































The shower looks small in the picture but in life is very large and has a corner seat in it and sliding glass doors in back of the curtains.











No comments: