Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

And on the seventh day....





Day 7 Gen:2:2 God rested.  So God blessed the 7th day and hallowed it because on this day, God rested from all his work which he had done in creation....                        Old Hands, Old Book...
My hands are worn just like the cover of my BOOK
That beckons me to take a look
At God's Word from within......
Though the Book shows aging just like my hands
They tell me stories of shifting sands.
They tell me truths about my Lord
As through their pages I have poured
To seek Him and His light.
                            ©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart


I have acquired many Bibles through my life and I love them all.  I remember when I first bought, "The Book".  It was so comprehensive and it was wonderful for cross-referencing the  St. James version of the Bible that was not so understandable at times.  My black bible with "helps" was the one I used during a 2 year Bethel Bible course to become a bible teacher in the 1980's.  It has many notes in the margins, yellow highlights and underlinings.  I love it.  It feels warm, soft and familiar when holding and like a good friend.  I have others that I acquired through gifts and I do not use as often as my eyes are aging like my hands and the print is hard to read! Ha!  But I do love all of my Bibles and one that I treasure was one my father gave to me.  It is an antique study bible and I try to be very careful when reading it as the cover is disintegrating badly.  But the reference notes on every page are very detailed and very comprehensive even though it was published in the 1800's.  God is Good, He left us His Word!

No comments: