Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Monday, September 14, 2009

MONDAY: EVERYTHING BLUE

COBALT BLUE GLASS is my favorite collector's item.  Green depression glass is my second.  Looks like I need to get a clearer picture to show more detail.  In the back on the left is a slanted base pitcher and I have 4 matching glasses as well as 4 pedestal dessert dishes to match. These belonged to my Aunt Catherine and were probably purchased for everyday use in the 1930's or '40's.  They were passed down to me from one of my sisters.  The hat is a replica.  The tallest pitcher is modern and a gift from my hubby.  The smaller printed one on the right is an antique that I have had for many years.  The cat figure is actually a tea pot with the pour spout being one of his paws.  The 2 little cobalt medicine cups are ones we dug from the earth many years ago and have the measurements printed on the side.  They obviously were part of a dosing bottle of some kind, perhaps cough medicine.  The scallopped edge dish underneath it all was given to me by another collector, Dan Herrick. He shared his love of blue glass and antiques with me and I treasure it. It is memoribilia from Mount Vernon and has a likeness of it in the center of the plate.  Underneath that it says George and Martha Washington.
  Do you collect Cobalt Blue Glass pieces? I would love to see, send pictures if you would like to share.  Thanks!  Come back soon!  And please visit Kerrie's Korner @ http://kerrieskorner.blogspot.com for my Monday morning dose of humor!

1 comment:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Kerrie!
I so love blue cobalt. I have yet to purchase one piece because I collect cherries jubliee. My kitchen and dining room are red, and I am so drawn to piece with red that I always go back to them. I love the blue color though and the little pitcher you have in the back, I have a clear glass one that has tulips on it. It too is very old. I loved the squatty look that it had, and knew someday it would come home with me. It is in my china cabinet today. You have a beautiful collection though, and thank you so much for sharing. Stop by soon, Country hugs, Sherry