Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

GREEN DEPRESSION GLASS

 GOOD TUESDAY MORNING TO YOU!    This is my small collection 
of green depression glass.  I bought the pieces one at a time when they were still affordable in antique shops!  I also have a small tumbler but tucked it away so it would not get broken and you know senior minds, I cannot remember where I put it - ha!   I have a luncheon plate, a frog for flower stems, a salt and pepper holder, a relish dish and the orange juicer.  I would love to have the salt and pepper shakers but in their absence, I use some faux pink depression glass shakers.  I display my green glassware anywhere in my kitchen that I can.  I love seeing it and it has had many sites there.  I do not always use the doily but the white gives it such a nice background effect.  Oops, forgot, I also have a candle stick holder which was on my dresser.  Here 'tis!  
The candlestick shows its density in the glass revealing a more brilliant green.  There are swirls around the base and the cup is in the shape of a flower.  This is really one of my treasured pieces.
Anyone out there that wants to share your own pieces of depression glass, please send me pictures, I would love to see them!


1 comment:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Kerrie!
I so love the green collection. My how beautiful it is. I love the vividness of the candlestick, but oh my how I love the simplicity of the platter, and the petiteness of the little two sided server with the handle. It is so delicate looking. And was that a juicer too? Oh my gosh what a collection you have my friend. I also love your granite countertops, how devine. Thanks for sharing Kerrie, I have enjoyed these pieces so much. I will have to take a picture of my cake plate, I have used it forever and it really is old, I shouldn't be using it, but I just hate to one day look back and say I have all these dishes and didn't think any day was special enough to use them for. I will email you a picture of my green cake plate. It really is pretty. Thanks for sharing sweetie. I love everything. Just make a special dinner for you and Bill, and serve yourselves on some of these pretty plates, so you can look back and remember when. Did I remember to tell you that I was born in Charelston, SC? Now I know why I love your blog so much. Country hugs sweetie, Sherry