Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

RING-NECKED DUCK and Raking

I was finally able to identify these migrating ducks!!  They are Ring-necked Ducks!  They winter in our area and they frequent fresh water lakes.  They are amazingly beautiful but very leery of man and I could not approach them to get better pictures as they are on the move on the water constantly and swim away as soon as they see me-ha! 

Though the picture is blurry, it still shows all the identifying marks: white stripe on the bill, "bib" and solid black head and upper back.  They are a joy to see.
   Today however, it is kind of blah out, 40 degrees and overcast.  Still the back yard is alive with all the birds and squirrel activity. 
   I am so longing to see less of brown grass and bare tree branches....but I am thankful that we are not knee deep in snow like our family and friends back in NYS-ha!
Come again soon and have a super day!!


Raking the leaves in the 40's in Auburn NY and raking leaves in SC New Year's Day.  I love raking leaves-ha!
♥KERRIE♥
My heart to yours....

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

So glad you finally identified them!!! Wow, those yellow eyes! Or is it a reflection? I love the picture of you as a young rake, ha ha!! And the same pose in the present, that is very cool! And something else, I love those sweet Victorian pictures you give us at the end of your posts, an extra added gift.

Donna said...

Oh how sweet Kerri! I love that photo of you as a little girl raking and the present day one too. :o)

xo
Donna