Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

ONE STUBBORN RAGDOLL CAT!

Our den is a room for all things, all seasons.  It is where we spend most of our time as the computer resides here, the TV, my craft cupboard, a ton of magazines, knitting and crocheting supplies.  And of course our Ragdoll cat, Isabella has her bed out here, rules the house, takes over any and all soft spots as her place to chill out.  This morning she decided that Hubby could not look through his scroll saw pattern books unless she was on his lap.  Now this is one stubborn animal! LOL!

She did not care if he laid the books on top of her and looked at them, or that there was a pile of them under her!  Isabella is a one-man cat.  She is devoted to my hubby and even takes naps on the bottom of the bed with him.  If he is not feeling well, she never leaves his side. 
Isabella came to live with us 5 years ago when she was 3 years old.  She is a purebred Ragdoll cat.  She was accustomed to hiding from the Mother cat who had more litters and did not want Izzy around.  She would box Izzy and the owner decided to sell her as she was not able to care for all the cats any longer.  When I told her I was interested in the cat for a companion for my hubby who had cancer, she lowered the price. (Insert smiles here!)  So we picked her up in N. Carolina and all her paperwork and brought her home.


She was pretty raggedy when we got her and very lean.  She warmed up to none of us for all of the first year.  She grew healthy and beautiful though and when she did finally come around to love us, my hubby was her man!
Though she will tolerate us all now, she is still mainly his cat.  She is quite intelligent and will roll over on command to get her tummy brushed and will meow and follow you when she wants to be brushed.  She has a great personality but everything is on HER terms.  We call her "Queen Isabella".  She loves to be in the thick of things even when we do little remodels in the house, she is right there.  She watches me curl my hair in the bath and of course bites my yarn when I am crocheting.
Thanks for visiting with us today and our loved Isabella.  Come again soon!  And take time to visit all of our blogs:
http://kerrieskorner.blogspot.com/ (Poetry, Photos of nature and more)
http://kerrieskrafts3.blogspot.com/  Things we make and sell and how-tos.

♥KERRIE♥
My heart to yours....

2 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

What a fun post, Kerrie. Your kitty sounds adorable...her story reminds me a little of Gizzy's ...he took about a year to warm up to me (very un-dog like) I figured, he was waiting for his "real" daddy to come and pick him up again, but once he realized he was here to stay, he relaxed and gave his all...what a sweet kitty cat Isabella is. Very beautiful cat, indeed - as if she knew from the beginning that she was meant for your husband, Bill.
I hope he's having a good day today (and you as well).
With love and blessings,
Doris

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so glad to read this post! I never heard of a ragdoll cat before I met you, and we are big cat lovers! You don't really talk about her much on your blogs, so this is a treat! We had three cats when we were first married, then I got allergic. No cats now. Son and daughter-in-law have two, and I can tolerste them as long as they don't jump in my lap. She is beautiful!!! What priceless pictures. And I see she has purchased a chair for herself to match her beautiful fur! Next time I would like to see her face a little better, is she camera shy?