Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lord, Did I Hear You.....

   Did I Hear You....
            ©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

Lord, did I hear you today
When I heard that bird in song?
Did I hear you whisper in the breeze
  as it fled across the lawn?
Did I see your eyes in the bunny's face
Full of compassion and gentleness?
Did I see your regalness in the Swans
     afloat on their afternoon visit?

Was that you Lord, in the Sunshine
That peeked out late this day?
And was that your footstep falling
As I walked along the way?
Were you in the clouds that floated overhead
Was that you that gave me blessed dreams
When I slept upon my bed?

Did I hear you Lord when my head was bowed
As I said my daily prayer?
When I felt sad I felt your hand
On mine with gentle care.
Thank you Lord for being there
Whenever I call your Name
And surprising me with your presence
And Love that always are the same.
                                     11~14~09

Kerrie

2 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

This is a lovely poem/prayer because I feel the same - I find God in nature and in His divine creations of animals and plantlife - I adore everything he so perfectly created - for a purpose and never in vain.

I am a quiet worshipper who shuns loud, moisy worship, because I can not seem to hear God's word in all that loud commotion. I hear him in the whisper of the wind in the trees and the buzzing of the bees, chirping of the birds and the crickets and even in the ticking of my clock...I love the quiet power I feel during those peaceful moments.
Thanks for sharing, Kerrie!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! A soft, meaningful amen. Thanks, Jenn.