Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday the Thirteenth!

YOU ARE NOT SUPERSTITIOUS, no of course you are not-ha!  No black cats crossing your path or eerie music throughout your houses-right? My Dad was of Irish descent and was born on Friday the thirteenth.  He was never superstitious or believed in Banshees and wee folk - ha!  But I loved to hear him tell tales that he heard as a child and he made it clear that they were just stories.  I don't know if you know that the tradition of Halloween started in Ireland.  Kind of strange that a country so steeped in religious faith would embrace this type of holiday.  But 'tis true.  So because my Dad was born on December 13th on a Friday, I considered it a good day throughout my life and nothing to fear at all.  What beliefs if any, were you raised to believe about Friday the 13th??  Please comment here and do visit my Kerrie's Korner blogsite at http://kerrieskorner.blogspot.com/ to see a picture of my Dad and Mom and more about Friday the 13th!

A very unspooky cat!  Just like Isabella, our Ragdoll - ha!

4 comments:

Abatevintage said...

Happy Friday the 13th sweety hope your day is going well. Great post.

Blessings,
Heidi

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Kerrie and Bill and Isabella...
Hope your day is going well, and that the weather is not to terrible out your way. I have heard it is getting bad wind wise, and is it still raining?

I received the most wonderful little box in the mail yesterday, and I have to tell you it is so wonderful Kerrie. I love my dishcloths. I have wanted some of those for the longest time. I love crocheted things, and ofcourse I can't crochet worth a darn. I could never learn. I had a lady tell me I had two left hands, and to give up, so I did. I tried though.

The little gingerbread girl is just precious with her little candycane signs. You make the most beautiful things Kerrie.

The box smelled so fragrant when I opened it. I put that soap package in my linen closet. I love the smell. It is so clean. Who would have thought?

The book too is precious. I will have to make a point to sit and read one evening. I haven't been able to concentrate much of late, I try but it doesn't seem to come. I have been working so hard that when I come home, I seem to go into a shut down mode.

Thank you again sweetie. I feel so blessed to have you. You package will go into the mail in the morning. I am going to make a post office run, and then you will have it this next week. I hope you love what I have made for you. It was made with my heart.

Please give Bill a hug for me. I have kept him in my prayers. I want him well for Thanksgiving.

Take care sweetie, Much Love and Hugs, Sherry

Doris Sturm said...

Hello Kerrie....my dad's Birthday is December 12th...I was born and raised in Germanyu and I do not remember any superstitious incidents in my family...but I do
I enjoyed fairy tales (still do) and old folklore, sagas and anything with history or a morale to the story.

TGIF!

Abatevintage said...

Howdy Kerrie I wanted to drop over and let you know you won my giveaway.

Be sure to stop over when you get a chance.

Blessings,
Heidi