Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Memories and Recipes



MEMORIES OF PUMPKINS PAST!
I do so love the pumpkin kids that are my grandchildren.  They are in middle school now but I always get these pictures out at this time of year and display them on a bookcase or anywhere I want to view them daily!

I love the fall so much!  I am not a big fan of Halloween but who could resist these little goblins?  I love pumpkin patches, fall bouquets, apples from home brought by my cousin this morning who returned from NYS.  I love pumpkin pies and baking on cool fall days, a cleansing fall rain,colored leaves to rake and the smell of them. I love the warm sun on my back but the cool, "Hug your Honey" nights, camping with campfires and memories of my Aunt Catherine whom we called "Babe", raking leaves to the curb and burning them.  The scrumptious aroma!
   The Swans visited behind the house this morning but were too active for me to catch a picture with my little camera.  It is softly raining on the lake and the fall leaves on the pear tree are swaying in the wind.  I love looking out as I sit at this computer.
   Some recipes to share as promised to Beverly at How Sweet The Sound:
No Bake Cream Pie
1 large fat free Cool Whip or other topping
1 can of condensed milk (I use Eagle brand reduced fat small can)
1 can of crushed pinapple thoroughly drained.
Walnuts crushed fine (optional)
Coconut flakes (optional)
Graham cracker crusts or pie crusts ready to bake from frozen food dept.
Bake pie shells per directions or use graham cracker crusts.
This recipe makes 2 pies.
Mix all other ingredients by folding in and mixing well with spoon or spatula or just a quick buzz with the mixer to fluff it.  Fill pie crusts and top with Walnuts or coconut flakes or both. (M&M's are also an option)
Freeze pies for 1 hr.  Take one out to serve and keep one in the freezer for future use.  When removing from Freezer, take out a a half hour to 45 mins before serving.  Keep left over, if any - ha! refrigerated.  I like it half frozen as it is like ice cream.  Yum!
2)  My Original Recipe for Baked Lasagna (I never spell that right!)
1 pkg Lasagna wide strips boiled to softness but not done.
1 large can of Hunt's Meat Flavored Sauce
1 pkg of shredded Mozerella cheese
1 large non-fat cottage cheese tub (this is substituted for Racotta)
Optional:  Add mushrooms, black olives.
Layer the Lasagna strips, sauce, cottage cheese and your choice of extras.  Repeat until all ingredients are used and top with more Shredded Mozarella.  Bake for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees in oblong baking dish or pan.  Freeze or serve immediately.
          Boy am I hungry now!!!
Please let me know how you like these recipe's---So Easy!

No comments: