Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

NURSE DOLL





Well the Nursing doll is finished! I am pleased with the result as I had no pattern for a nurses outfit. I put a scroll in her hand with a rose. I wrote the intended graduate's name on the scroll and Nursing Graduate. In the pictures you can see I drew around the doll form to make a top and bottom, very crudely. I had no trouble sewing these together on the sewing machine. However, the hems on sleeves and pant I did by hand as they were too tiny to fit under the foot of the machine. I made a pen for her pocket with a tooth pick colored with marker. I had a terrible struggle with the hat as I cut off the long hair on the doll but it still left a thick bump of short hair under the hat. After 3 tries, I felt it would have to do. I tried making clogs for the doll with paper but that did not work so I took adhesive tape and formed pieces to the feet to look like white shoes of a sort. I know my friend will be pleased with the result. Materials: I had in my stash,a paper and rose, also from my stash of craft items, a Barbie Doll that I stripped of her clothing and cut the hair to hide under the hat and adhesive tape. This was a fun project. I hope you will put your imagination to work and make your own for the graduation coming up soon for students. Good Luck and Good sewing!! Kerrie

No comments: