Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

AMAZING GRACE CARVED IN WOOD


AMAZING GRACE, HOW SWEET THE SOUND...what a blessing that hymn is to all Christians. My wonderful hubby, who does extensive woodwork and Intarsia, obtained a pattern and created this beautiful wall plaque. Each line of the hymn is cut out with a scroll saw. A pilot hole is drilled so the saw blade will fit into the piece of wood for every opening you see. I cannot believe that he can do this tiny intricate work. He then mounted the staff bars onto a piece of wood and wood burned its border. He put a hanger on the back and I attached a lavender ribbon through it for hanging on my living room wall. I love it! He loves doing the woodwork and it is a great diversion from his illness. Thanks for looking and reading!
For information on having one of these beautiful plaques made, e-mail us.
Also visit http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog and enjoy all of Beverly's music, writings and inspiration.

2 comments:

Katney said...

That is incredible! How large is it?

Katney said...

PS I like the new profile photo.