Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Reach for the Star


This is a counted cross stitch greeting card pattern that I created in 2005. I simply copied a Christmas Card onto Aida Cloth and then filled in the colors, sort of like number painting. Once the outline was made with 2 strands of brown embroidery thread, I filled in the colors matching threads to the card picture. By filling in the areas, I did not "count" but rather colored the areas. I then added a simple blanket stitch around the border. It worked out nicely. I then scanned my finished piece, cut it out and pasted on card stock. I was very pleased with the result and made them for special family and friends. Add your own greeting inside. Card stock and envelopes can be found at your local craft stores. Create your own unique card for any occasion using this idea. Be creative!

No comments: