Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

FORCING SPRING BLOOMS

Ahhh!  Spring has to be here!  I forced some more of the blooms from the tulip tree and they came out in only 3 days this time!!
It was as though they were opening before my eyes, so pretty! 

So pretty and welcome this April 1st to remind me that Spring WILL arrive~ha!
Forsythia branches work really well for cutting and putting in water inside for forcing blooms.  Unfortunately, I have none growing in my yard.  The snow is mostly gone now and the sun shining more each day.  I have a neighbor that loves to walk just as I do and we took a long walk yesterday to a flowing creek but it was still to muddy to go down the trail.  Soon though, as I am anxious to take photos.

Are you itching to get out in the yard?  I am.  Friends brought me some perennials in the fall and I can see them coming up through the dirt, I am excited!  Also, I have a neighbor in back that has discarded a metal children's cart that has faded to a gray/red.  When I see them again, I will ask if I can buy it.  I would love to paint it brightly and put potted plants in it for yard decor~~fun!

Have a wonderful Day, And don't let the April jokers get you today!

No comments: