Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I lost my love, He is with the Lord...



Owasco Lake fishing several years ago












My sweet husband passed on January 26th at 5:15pm last Thursday.  I was right with him until the end and he held my hand right to the last.  He was so strong and did not want to give up but he died an agonizing death over a 12 hour period.
I gave in and had Hospice come in the last 3 days as I could no longer lift him, etc.  They were wonderful and I cannot say enough about them!  They did not take his care out of my care but were so supportive and provided all the necessary supplies that I needed to care for my wonderful husband.  He bonded with them also in such a short time and they wept when he passed.

Bill loved life so much and enjoyed all the simple pleasures, fishing, camping, woodworking, ad infinitum.  He was a very special person.  He has left a great legacy to our children and grandchildren of how to live an honorable Christian life.  All of our hearts are so heavy and my house is soooo empty.  But even in silence, the Lord and Bill are comforting me.  I am surrounded with their love.



Thanks to all of you who have followed his 7 yr. journey through Multiple Myeloma.  You will never know how much you helped me when I was sad and lonely, had a question, needed a verbal pat and hug, etc.  I am very grateful to all of you.
Love, Kerrie


4 comments:

Betty said...

Kerry, I am so sorry to learn of your loss, but grateful to hear that he's at peace. May all your wonderful memories help sustain you at this difficult time. My prayers are with you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Kerrie, my very deepest sympathies...I am SO very sorry. We know he is home and with the Lord now, and so happy, but it does shock me that hospice did not help the suffering, I know that must be the hardest thing for you.

Mari said...

You have my deepest sympathy,I'm sooooooo very sorry for your great lost.....
Blessing to you and your family in what has to be the hardest time in your lives...

Hugs,
Mari

Ann Y said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God Bless you and uphold you.