Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ducks Mystery

Hubby got these pictures of ducks with his zoom lens that I am unable to identify (my photos are on http://kerrieskorner.blogspot.com/ )  And even with the closer photos, I still cannot positively identify these ducks that at first I thought were Mergansers. 
I just could not find any that looked exactly like these in any of the half dozen bird books I have in the house.

Female with bibbed markings and white around the bill.
And then there is always sweet Isabella who lets none of our stressing over bird Identification effect her-ha! 
Come back soon and do visit my other blogs by clicking on the links in the sidebar.
♥KERRIE♥
My heart to yours...

1 comment:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I believe they may be ring neck ducks, Kerrie. They have that white band around their bill.