Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

More Momentos from the Past...


In preparation for our 50th coming up, I had asked my oldest daughter to find some things that she has had in safekeeping for many years now so we could display them at the celebration.  I was so happy that she still had every item I asked for and more!  She is the historian of the family.

The rings in the heart box are my original engagement and wedding band in white gold. After 26 yrs. Bill bought me another solitaire diamond.
The locket has my three children in it when they were little and Bill with our son back then.
The perfume was Coty's Paris that Mom gave to me before the wedding.  She also gave me the little stick pin cat with green eyes and covered in real mink-ha!
My friendship ring from Bill that I wore before we got engaged when we were going "steady".


The little white box with Bill's picture in it is what our wedding bands came in.  Also the little note in my writing and the paper announcement of our engagement.

And to my delight, she even had my garter!  I had forgotten all about giving it to her so that was a nice surprise.
We plan to show these things on a table with a glass dome over it at the party.

I am so thankful that my daughter is as sentimental and nostalgic as I am.  Her guarding and keeping these momentos mean the world to her father and me.

Thanks for visiting, do come again soon and also check out my other blogs in the sidebar.

Thanks to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for all the comments and new friends I found while participating in Pink Saturday yesterday!

The little horse figure charm is one Bill bought for me when dating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just the sweetest! Love it that your daughter finds so much value in little momentos that are important pieces of your life.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Betty said...

I think that's the difference between having a daughter and having sons. I don't think any of my sons would have any interest in safe guarding my sentimental things. I'm a sentimental old fool and I have lots of treasures, but they probably end with me.

I always feel bad when I see things that a family member should have kept at estate sales or antique stores. I've got a mantel full of bronzed baby shoes that I've "saved" because someone didn't want them.

Elaine said...

I love all the things you have kept throught the years..so many children today put no value on things like this.. Your daughter is a sweetheart