Welcome

Copyrighted material by Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart may not be copied without permission unless otherwise indicated in my posts e.g. blog links or craft directions. Thank you!

Monday, September 28, 2009

MONDAY MOURNING DOVES







good mourning doves...
The Bradford Pear Tree fall trio.

By chance this morning, I did see
The Mourning Doves in the old pear tree.
All told were five when they came to roost
In rays of sun, my heart they boost.

All God's creatures are welcome here
In perfect peace no harm to fear
Bringing Beauty from far and near
To grace my backyard drear.

©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

The tree is old and still it yields fall colors that are pleasing to the eye.  The birds seem to love it where the branches are bare and come to sit in the morning sun.  Bill has pruned back most all of this Bradford Pear tree in hopes of stimulating new growth and health for the new year and God will do the rest.

1 comment:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Sweet Pea!
How beautiful is this. I so love what you have written. The poem is beautiful and yes all God's creatures are welcome at your home, even baby squirrels. How is the little baby doing? Are you still feeding it formula? I can't even imagine.

The doves in the tree look absolutely beautiful, and I so love all of the colors that are shown in the tree. How pretty is that? I so love it. Thank you for sharing honey. I hope you are well, and that Bill is too. I so think of him.

I am leaving at 3am Wednesday morning so I will be out of touch for 3 weeks. I don't think I will be able to blog as I will not have access to a computer. You have my cell number, anyway I think I gave it to you. You can always get updates every day from Heidi as I will be calling her daily. I will continue to pray for Bill. I want a miracle. I am asking God for one.

Enjoy the beautiful day, and I will talk to you soon. I will be making my last post tonight until I come back on the 26th of October.

I love you sweet pea, Love you Bill. Love, Sherry